Thursday, April 27, 2017

Week 9: Song in a Minor Key
I read “Song in a Minor Key” this week and I have to say for the shortest piece of work I’ve ever read the story was pretty hefty. Starting in the beginning I began to relate to our protagonists emotions relating to nostalgia and goals for the future. When his mind wandered to his past and his life before everything he had done up to this point it struck a cord with me and I began to feel for this character that I didn’t know as well as I had known some other characters in other stories. 
Logically speaking I think he embodies your typical protagonist who is struck by past struggles/ conflicts and while striving for the future is desperately trying to overcome them himself. Seeing as he’s alone it was just a heart to heart moment with the protagonist and his subconscious. Which to me read as if he was talking to the reader which is why it was helpful and capable for me to relate so easily. 

I enjoyed this for what it was and I personally got a bit of inspiration from this read and the way it was written. 

No comments:

Post a Comment