Sunday, February 26, 2017

What the Moon Brings- The New Weird

For this week I read “What the Moon Brings” and I honestly had to re-read this a few times. It was somewhat difficult for me to pin-point a perspective. I felt this was more poetic than anything. But I thought of this all as if it was just a person standing still and watching what was happening.The atmosphere seemed very pretty at first but it quickly started to turn into a wonderland of death and even despair as far as detailing goes. This short story was very interesting and it kept me entertained with how quickly something sounding so calming and beautiful could turn into the opposite and I felt the change in scenery even. 

I do feel a bit neglected as a reader though, as I wished to know why everything was happening. I understood that this is a very short story and it stands from a more poetic spot in perspective. I wanted to know what this person was doing under the moons gaze and why the chosen scenery. The perspective that we view this from seems nothing more than an innocent exploration which I did find nostalgic in a sense; especially with how they found something that maybe shouldn't have been found. It was an enjoyable read for me, the drastic change in detail is something that I don’t see often and it did put a spark in me to continue reading on.

No comments:

Post a Comment