Wednesday, February 15, 2017

Vampires Everywhere

For this week I read the first book of “Twilight”. I’ve seen the Twilight films as well as read “Interview with a Vampire” previously and coming into the first book of “Twilight” wasn’t as bad as I thought it’d be. I wasn’t expecting the intense environment set up like from “Interview with a Vampire”. But it does it’s job in a teen romance novel. Just enough to keep you satisfied with what is going on. The story in itself felt more genuine in the book than in the film. The characters felt more developed and their situation seemed a bit more intense. 
I felt that the author did a pretty good job of making the myth of this relationship sound a bit more sincere than they made it seem in the film. While the characters have a lot at stake to handle and accomplish in both; in the book it was drawn out more and given slightly more detail as to why this may be a problem for both characters. The film made it seem slightly superficial and not as intensive in my opinion. The villains had more character in the book as well as secondary characters. And I rather enjoyed reading how different the author made the characters in tone. I felt as if I could distinctly tell who was talking and what there personality was. Where as in the film they made all of the characters revolve around Bella a bit too much as they formed personalities based on her actions. Bella's character especially, she had a lot more personality and even sass in the book. I even related to her a bit when she I realized she was capable of showing emotion and a mind of her own for moments when Edward wasn't in the picture. Even with Edwards character I felt that he had a lot more development to become attached to and in some ways fawn over if you were a young teenager of course. 

Overall I enjoyed this a bit more than I thought I would and I would go back and read it again before I watch the movie. 

No comments:

Post a Comment